Ghanpati Yoga mat bag
www.doyoursports.de do your sports website link
Ghanpati Yoga mat bag
Review from Jeannie’s Product Reviews blog.
So I’ve had a think about what’s important in a yoga bag. 1) first of course is that it will fit the size mat you have – can be the best bag in the world but if its too small it’s useless to you. 2) Then you want durability, a fabric that won’t easily rip or tear; 3) Easy to carry, no one wants to make life even more stressful with a bag that’s bulky and awkward; 4) Space for clothes, purse, keys etc; and finally 5) appearance. They’re my priorities anyway.
My thoughts on this bag:
1) It fits all six mats sold by Do Your Yoga, they’re all 183 cm by 61 cm. If you’ve a different mat then do check the size.
2) Its made of 100% natural canvas cotton, breathable and also hypoallergenic and free of harmful substances. It’s also washable so easy to clean. I like the idea of it being constructed from natural materials – that fits well with the aesthetics of traditional yoga. It feels a heavy cotton fabric, and as if its very long lasting and won’t easily snag or tear.
3) It has two straps in the same fabric as the main body of the bag, which are padded and long enough to hook over shoulder, though not to carry across the body. The padding means its a comfortable bag to carry and won’t cut into shoulder or hands.
4) As well as the roomy interior which has space for clothes as well as the mat there’s a neat zipped outer pocket, perfect for keys. phone and purse etc. This bag is rectangular so very roomy inside and the zip goes down each side and across the top, making it very easy to put the mat inside.
5) Its a gorgeous bag, I’ve the elephant fabric one and to me Yoga, Elephants and India all have a mental connection. Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles, the patron of arts and sciences and the deva of intellect and wisdom. As the God of beginnings, he is honoured at the start of rituals and ceremonies. Its that thing again about getting in the right headspace to relax and really get “into” the rhythm of what you’re doing. Its not a bright, gaudy fabric but a subtle gradual pattern.
Of course I’ve written about use for Yoga but the same applies to any exercise bag and this is suitable for any type of mat providing the important bit – size – is right. Its a very well constructed bag and feels very robust. Its well finished, no loose ends, snags and sharp parts and I’m sure looked after it will last for years.
Product supplied for review purposes